Thursday, November 11, 2010

Prehistoric Banana

Full house today, its me, Kai, a harmonica and 4 plastic dinosaurs. I was hoping we wouldn't have such a crowd because Kai and I are needing a little one on one time. In the last couple of days this little guy has; dumped orange juice in the fish tank, cut off his sister's hair, cut the cord to the baby monitor (Yes, I finally hid the scissors), smeared the baby's expensive eczema cream all over the bathtub, stamped every square inch (three feet up) of the outside of my car with a giraffe stamp that says "Congrats!", and peed on the top bunk of his brothers' beds. Terrible or just two?

We had some "prehistoric" bananas so banana muffins it is. Used this recipe because I thought I had everything...

Kai and friends



We picked up this Vanilla Butter Nut flavoring the other day because it sounds so yummy and it was on sale ;) This was our first time trying it out; we used it in place of vanilla.

This will also be the last time we will get to use the Vanilla Butter Nut flavoring:(

I realized half way through the recipe that I didn't have yogurt so we whipped up a half of a cup of heavy cream and used that instead. Spiny tested the batter and even though he is strictly a carnivore he gave it 2 claws up.

I give this a 10! I'm not a muffin girl, I figure if we are going to put something in a cupcake wrapper lets just make it a cupcake and put frosting on it. This recipe is the exception, light, tasty, moist...dinolicious. Oh also, I didn't bake it as long as it says they were done at 18 minutes.

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks

No comments:

Post a Comment