Viv's day again, she chose apple cookies. Like the Banana cookies I just didn't know there was such a thing as apple cookies. We are using apples that we picked at the orchard yesterday.
I'm loving the grated apple part, much easier that cored, peeled, and chopped.
Kai would like to add the butter his way! Which happens to be using his hands...little difficult with softened butter.
Add the oats, this recipe uses quite a bit of oats compared to flour.
Ahhhh! Best part, tasting the batter. The batter is so good, tastes like those little packets of Quaker Apple Cinnamon oatmeal.
I made the glaze a little runny. Final analysis, we'd make it again for the batter, the actual cookies taste a little too healthy but maybe that's because they are!
Aunt Hazel's Apple Oatmeal Cookies
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 apple - peeled, cored and shredded
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix together brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, except for powdered sugar and milk. Stir until well blended.
5. Drop on cookie sheet and bake 9 to 12 minutes.
6. Mix powdered sugar and milk in small bowl and drizzle over cooled cookies.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2010 Allrecipes.com